I love a good lip balm and this recipe is the “balm!” I love the tingle of the peppermint and the soothing honey flavor. The mixture is a fun and tasty treat!
If you are looking for a fun and easy lip balm recipe that you can make for all your friends, co-workers, or just stalk up for the year, this is the recipe for you!
It literally takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and you can enjoy a glass (or 2) of wine while you are making it.
I only suggest using Young Living Essential Oils for my recipes. Since these oils are going to be applied to your body topically and be absorbed into your skin, you should only use 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.
Interested in learning more about how you can purchase high quality essential oils? Click Here!
Honey Peppermint Lip Balm
8 – ½ ounce tins or plastic tubes
2 Tbsp Bees Wax
1 Tbsp Shea Buter (or Mango Butter – my personal favorite)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp raw honey
½ tsp Vitamin E oil (optional)
3 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil (or Olive Oil)
15 – 20 drops Peppermint Oil
Makes 8 – ½ ounce tins
- Using a glass jar (I prefer one with a spout so it is easy to pour) in a pot with 1-inch water on the stove, slowly melt the Bees Wax, Coconut Oil, Mango Butter, and raw honey.
- Keep the heat on medium/low. We want this to melt slowly (and not get too hot). No need to hover because it will melt on its own (usually 10 – 15 minutes).
- While it is melting on the stove, get the tins ready (lids off), since you will need to move quickly once everything is mixed together (it cools and hardens fast, so you want to be ready).
- Once melted, add the Sweet Almond Oil and stir to be sure it is all mixed in together. Remove from heat.
- Quickly add the peppermint essential oil and stir.
- Carefully pour into balm tins or tubes.
- Allow to harden completely before putting on lids (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Add a label and you’re done!
Apply to dry lips. Provides a fresh and invigorating pepperminty tingle.
Kiss someone special to share the balm!
The “Balm” Wrapping
Also, a cute (and incredibly easy) way to share the balm is with this fun little package:
All you need to wrap these gifts:
-Plastic candy bags (I bought mine from Michaels) – about $5 for 100.
– crumpled paper
– cute label
Quick. Easy. Fun to share.
The Essential Oil Stylist
Interested in learning more about high quality essential oils (and how you can purchase them at a wholesale rate)? Click here to learn more: