Let’s get in the mood. In the mood for sleep, that is!
This little gem is what won me over on quality essential oils. Well, one of many things, but this is a big one! As an avid insomniac, this sweet salve (combined with diffusing) helped me overcome my biggest challenge: restful sleep!
Remember, what works for one person may not work for another, but why not give this salve a try? If anything, Best Rest Sleepy-Time Salve will moisturize your feet and make them smell divine!
Before bed, I rub this velvety salve on the bottoms of my feet, my temples, the backs of my neck, and my wrists. The aroma relaxes me and helps me unwind after my day. What a sweet smelling way to drift off to dreamland!
Let me tell you…this salve is super easy to make! After buying a few key ingredients, you can make it over and over again (most ingredients last a long time and make a lot of salve). This also makes a great gift (especially for your sleep-challenged friends)! Wrap it up cute in a plastic candy bag or a small burlap sack and you’ve got a thoughtful present!
Lavender: aromatically promotes a relaxing and comforting environment
Cedarwood: scent creates a powerfully calming, restful, and comforting atmosphere. It sets the mood for sleep!
Ylang Ylang: a relaxing and soothing fragrance to generate a sense of calm
Orange: creates a pleasant, sweet aroma
I only suggest using Young Living Essential Oils for my recipes. Since these oils are going to be applied to your body topically and be absorbed into your skin, you should only use 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.
Interested in purchasing your own high-quality essential oils? Click Here to learn more.
6 – 1 ounce tins or glass jars (it’s best to avoid plastic when using essential oils)
2 Tbsp Bees Wax
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup olive oil
½ tsp Vitamin E Oil (optional)
10 drops Lavender Oil
6 drops Cedarwood Oil
6 drops Ylang Ylang
6 drops Orange Oil
Makes 6 – 1 ounce tins
- Using a glass jar (I prefer one with a spout so it is easy to pour) in a pot with 1-inch water on the stove, slowly melt the Bees Wax and Coconut Oil. Keep the heat on medium/low. We want this to melt slowly (and not get too hot). No need to hover because it will melt on its own (usually 10 – 15 minutes).
- While it is melting on the stove, get the tins ready (lids off), since you will need to move quickly once everything is mixed together (it cools and hardens fast, so you want to be ready).
- Blend the oils ahead of time in a glass container, so you can add them quickly to the melted mixture.
- Once melted, add the Olive Oil and stir to be sure it is all melted together. Remove from heat.
- Quickly add the blend of essential oils and stir.
- Carefully pour into tins.
- Allow to harden completely before putting lids on tins (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Add a sticker to the top, and you’re done!
Apply salve to bottom of feet, back of neck, and temples before going to bed.
I hope you enjoy using and making this Salve!
I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment!
The Oil Stylist
Interested in learning more about high quality essential oils? Click Here:
The information contained on this website is not meant to not intended to diagnose, prescribe, prevent, treat or cure any disease, illness, or condition, and should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional medical care and advice. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information represents what I, an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to take charge of my own personal health and that of my family. Any suggestions made on this blog are very specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products. If you are currently on medication, please DO NOT STOP.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment.