Supports a Healthy Scalp and also can be used as a “Hair Defense Spray.”
I concocted this little misting spray for scalp support after my son’s daycare had a lice outbreak. Luckily we were on vacation for the lice mishap, but nonetheless, I was left with that uncomfortable “itchy” feeling once we returned.
No need to fear lice, because the best offense is a strong defense. My Scalp Spritz is designed for ages 2+ and not only helps to repel itchy little critters, it also nourishes and supports a healthy scalp.
Unfortunately, I can’t guarantee that if you are exposed to lice and you are using this spritz, you will not get lice, however I am saying that this will offer you extra, added protection against the little buggers if you are exposed. I always like a little more protection and scalp support.
Scalp Spritz is for people who:
- May come in contact with lice
- Have itchy, dry scalp
- Endure dandruff flakes
- are experiencing thinning hair
- need general scalp support
Easy DIY Scalp Spritz
2 oz glass spray bottle
Pinch of Epsom Salt (if you have dry scalp) or a 1/2 tsp Witch Hazel (if you do NOT have dry scalp)
6 – 8 drops each:
- Lavender Oil – nourishes & moisturizes dry scalp and has regenerative properties
- Tea Tree Oil – cleans and unclogs hair follicles
- Rosemary Oil – reduces inflammation and stimulates hair follicles
Top off with Distilled Water
Shake well before applying all over scalp of clean, wet hair.
After a few uses, you should notice your scalp feeling more balanced and less itchy.
A few more tips to help support a healthy scalp:
- Don’t wash your hair everyday (it can be drying/irritating on scalp)
- Do an Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse to balance scalp pH (2 TBSP Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 16 oz water). After washing hair, pour Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse over scalp & hair, and then rinse with cool water.
- Avoid hot water when washing hair. Hot water is drying and sucks out moisture. Wash and rinse hair with lukewarm or cool water.
- Switch to alcohol-free & chemical-free hair products – alcohol and chemical products can be very drying to scalp.
- Stay hydrated. Just like the rest of your skin, drinking plenty of water helps to keep your body and skin moisturized